Below sets forth the terms of the warranty provided for qualifying products. The warranty for products purchased online in Malaysia is provided by CompAsia Sdn. Bhd. (the “Company”).
- The Company warrants the product against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of 1-year warranty from the date of retail purchase by the first purchaser of the product (the person invoiced by the Company) (“Warranty Period”).
- If a hardware defect arises and a valid claim is received within the Warranty Period, at its option, the Company will either (1) repair the hardware defect at no charge, using either new, refurbished, or compatible replacement parts; or (2) exchange the product with another refurbished product that is deemed by the Company to be of equivalent value; or (3) provide a full/partial refund to the original end-user purchaser. The Company’s prevailing depreciation rules will be binding on the purchaser to accept as a commercial solution in lieu of repairs.
- When a product or part is exchanged, any replacement item becomes your property and the replaced item becomes the Company’s property.
- The warranty is confined to the first purchaser of the product and is not transferrable.
- In the event of repairs or replacement of any part(s) of the product, this warranty will therefore continue and remain in force only for the unexpired period of the warranty. The time taken for repair and in transit whether under the warranty or otherwise shall not be excluded from the warranty period.
- Repairs during warranty period shall be carried on “Carry-in” basis. Wherein for service the purchaser shall bring the product to our service centre. The warranty does not cover cost of transportation.
Exclusions and Limitations
This warranty will not cover the following damages, as determined by our service centre personnel:
- Damage due to usage from ordinary wear and tear;
- Damage due to accidents, exposure to dampness, liquid, moisture, dirt or sand, improper storage, misuse, neglect, or physical stress;
- Dead pixel(s) on the display screen;
- Cosmetic or physical damage;
- Damage due to excessive use of force on the display screen;
- Damage due to malware/spyware/virus infection;
- Damage due to incompatibility or improper use or installation of unauthorized software (e.g. jailbreak/root access);
- Damages to the battery, adapter and all supplied accessories beyond 3 months from the shipping date
- Normal depletion of consumable parts such as batteries unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship and,
- Damage resulting from abuse, accident, modifications, unauthorized repairs or other causes that are not defects in materials and workmanship.
The warranty may be voided under the following conditions as determined by our service centre personnel:
- If there are signs of tampering with the official Company’s warranty stickers;
- If there are signs of product modification done without written consent to the Company (E.g. LED /backlit, dual sim modifications, etc);
- If the device is brought to a third-part service center with no connection to CompAsia.
The Company reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the warranty by providing notice through at least one of the following methods: Mail, Email, Telephone, the Company’s website.